Career is one of the most important aspects in one’s life which can make or mar your life. Everybody wants to have a flourishing career but few accomplish it. Here are some of the advices that will help you launch a successful career.
1. Learn through your job experiences. Being a learner and keeping an open mind will not only enrich you as a human being but also give you different perspectives to perceive things. It is hardly important whether you have stuck to one single organization for 10 years and functioned in the same role. Important is how much you have learned and gained in the form of knowledge, expertise and experience. This will be your USP.
2. Do not force yourself into a job you hate doing. Research has revealed that people do not last long in such job roles. Moreover, companies always hire people who have a passion for their job and will stick around to accomplish themselves and contribute in the company instead of someone who is clearly working for monetary rewards.
3. Be a quick learner and use your ability to grasp things fast and analyze situations even faster. You cannot wait for years to get a path breaking project. Make yourself visible and create an impact right from day one for your superiors to notice you.
4. Take risks. Yes, if you simply continue to do whatever you have been doing then you are denying yourself an opportunity to learn and adapt. Be proactive and demonstrate reliability so that your management understands that you are willing to put that extra bit on stake.
5. Remember that companies hire you and not the technology. They already have it and require people to utilize it. Soft skills were important and they still hold immense importance. Don’t dig yourself into your laptop or tablet 24*7. Make contact with people in person as well. There is no substitute to this.
6. Always keep track of results of projects you have been involved in. Remember that employers want people who are goal-oriented so just mentioning that you headed a project is not enough. Justify it.