There are various resources used to find a suitable job. These resources can be grouped in various categories. They can be online as well as online. With Internet becoming the most trusted medium for job search, the focus has shifted from offline job search to online.
As offline resource you can talk to your friends, family, colleagues and partners for jobs. However, online offers a lot more opportunities to find out a suitable job matching your education, experience and skill set. The online resources include:
• Job portals or job sites are by far the best resources to land up an appropriate job. There are several of them where both job seekers and employers post job requirements on a daily basis. They also offer region specific services. You have to upload your resume and provide them with other important information to gain more visibility which will eventually fetch you an interview.
• The job search engines like SimplyHired have revolutionized the way people are looking for jobs currently. Use location and keywords to find a job on associations, company sites, major and minor job sites. This process is faster than any other.
• Networking sites may not be directly linked with your job search, but having your resumes posted on them increases your chance of landing a job. LinkedIn for instance is one of the largest professional network building platforms in the world. Having your professional summary in the site helps in reaching potential employers.
• Work at home is fast becoming a trend especially for women. Look through various websites offering work at home job listings and choose the best among them which suits your time.
• Job search and career books are extremely helpful and handy resources. There are several of them helping you to know the way to find jobs and also telling you about the job most suited for you.
• There are specific job sites offering opportunities to teens. Browsing through them will definitely help students to accumulate their pocket money by working. These websites also provide tips on how to search jobs.